Sunday, August 12, 2012

Undated Raleigh

Mark sends another bike, one that he found at an estate sale. I'm normally not a fan of brown bikes, but I like this one. It almost looks like root beer. From Mark:
Thought I would share another find - I picked this up for my sister to ride after her bike was stolen. It apparently came from an estate sale and was complete with original bag, some tools, a combo lock (that thankfully was open so I could figure out what the combination was), and an original mileage counter on the front wheel. The bike looked grimy and old when I got it but like all Raleighs responded extremely well to some elbow grease. Only expenditure was new tires and tubes......hope your followers like this one....

2 comments:

R Esteban said...

It´s a Raleigh sports from 1973

Jay Tyan said...

Woah! I too found an old Sports and all it needed was some "elbow grease," tires, and tubes - Mine's a '58 that I found abandoned. It's in worse shape than yours (work in progress) but I ride it daily. That's a beautiful bike you have there.