Tuesday, March 29, 2011

'48 Rudge-Whitworth

Mark in Florida sent some photos of a nice looking 1948 Rudge-Whitworth. Mark says of the bike

Decals on the downtube state that it is a Rudge-Whitworth Sport model. The hub and research do point to 1948 Handlebars are mounted upside down, like the look better. This bike has basically just been cleaned up, the original front and rear lights work. Decals are original, some a bit faded. The seat is vinyl from a 60’s Triumph that I have, I do have the original 3-spring seat for this bike, but the leather is too deteriorated to use it. I ride it to the park often, the gears were pretty extreme on these! Lol





A 1948 with working lights is quite a find in my book. But horrors, Mark is moving and needs to thin the herd. So if you're in the market, leave a comment below.

4 comments:

adventure! said...

Man, I have to say that is a beautiful specimen. Love the look of the "dropped" North Road bars. I would love to help Mark thin his herd, but I am nowhere near Florida nor want to pay for shipping. Plus I believe a Rudge restoration of my own is in the cards...

John said...

If the frame is my size, interest will follow. 22" or up works for me.

Ronald said...

Hey Mark, She's a beauty. More afraid of the asking price than the shipping. Let me know.

Retro Bicycle said...

Actually, I decided to keep this one. The girlfriend is just going to have to live with all of my two-wheeled mistresses!